I have made one quilt top this week and quilting will be done sometime since I don’t have much of time commitment on this one.
Since the last post, I stitched together all the cut offs of half square triangle corners from X blocks. They were all trimmed in order to be neat and I added twisted background. They were supposed to be 4 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ but ended as 4 1/2″ by 4 3/8″. I chose light grey for that which comes somewhere in between white/very pale and the main background grey.
I added partial border around the two lone stars with mid-grey watermark print which is darker than main grey background fabric. And that partial border connected two stars in the centre.
The very centre was made with bright colour. Somehow I managed to twist those squares a bit…
As I was deciding how to connect X blocks and the rest, the faded greenish blue of the border was standing out compared to all the other pale backgrounds. So I added 1″ red/purple beside it as cushion and then that made to add 1″ thin border all the way around outside which added some balance I think.
And it looks like this now. 86″ by 92″. It took me 5-6 weeks which of course includes other activities.