I have this mid-dark beige fabric and I can’t remember where or why I have got it which is very unusual.
It’s a nice Japanese looking beige fabric. I have one yard of it which is very unusual for me too. I must have had some special reason to buy it but can’t remember…
But now I have decided to use it up.
I picked up navy fabrics, mostly Moda’s Kasuri and Shibori range. They are Japanese style print and go very well with that beige one.
And I made some sort of apple core style block with some difficulty… But they are fitting nicely now.
I was going to put just beige one to fill the space but that was quite boring and I ended up adding a skinny green strips. 1/2″.
What happened here was… initially I was going to stop without red one but the composition looked odd. I needed to add 3-4″ on that side but original beige one run out. They are same shade of beige so I decided to add and let quilting to unite them. Hopefully!
Now, my design concept was Japanese Tokonoma alcove where people hang hanging scrolls and place flower arrangements and so on. I was going to put some appliquéd flower arrangement in the empty space however since extra red fabric was placed, it changed my idea.
So there was one maple leaf.
And a few more…
And this is the finished top.
I have started quilting and hope to finish it before all the leaves are gone in our garden!
On the other news, I would like to have a workshop of making a scrappy pouch. All are welcome either quilter or non quilter!