All Ireland Open Quilt Competition at Quilt Marquee, Tinaheley show is less than a month away and here are the essential details.
The rules for entry
ALL IRELAND “OPEN QUILT COMPETITION” By Direct Entry
Millett & Matthews Trophy for “Viewers Choice’’ Quilt.
Best in Show Quilt Trophy presented by Interspun Ltd.
Lakeland Quilts Fair Trophy designed by Catherine Wilcoxson will be presented to the piece with the best use of Colour.
Prizes: 1st €40, 2nd €25, 3rd €15 Entry Fee: €5
CLASS 409 Best Wall hanging. – SPONSORED BY SLANEY HANDCRAFTS
CLASS 410 Best Beginners Quilt. – SPONSORED BY LISMORE QUILT CENTRE
CLASS 411 Best Quilt for a Child.
CLASS 412 Best Lap Quilt or Small Quilt for a bed (under 60in X 60in).
CLASS 413 Best Medium Size Quilt for a Bed (under 72in X 90in).
CLASS 414 Best Large Quilt for a Bed. (over 72in X 90in). – SPONSORED BY: VALERIE MULLALLY QUILT SERVICES
CLASS 415 Best Hand Quilted Quilt – any size.
1. Quilts should be delivered to the Show Office on or before Aug 2nd, 2018
2. All entries must be the work of the exhibitor or credited. All exhibits will be hung.
3. A Quilt is defined as three layers and can be either whole cloth, pieced or appliquéd.
4. Entry forms available online at www.tinahelyshow.ie or call 0402 34922.
5. All exhibits must have a “sleeve” for hanging, Minimum size 4”. Quilts without sufficient sleeves will not be hung.
6. Quilt should have been completed within the last 12 months.
7. Quilts must have makers name on the back bottom right hand side.
8. Best Hand Quilted Quilt Class can be machine pieced but must be hand quilted.
9. Quilts may not be removed before 4.30p.m. but must be collected by 5p.m
You can enter your quilt here, online.
The entry quilts don’t need to be the original design. You can bring the ones you made from magazine, books or online pattern. Did you make one as quilt along or started at some workshop? Any quilts are welcome!
Shops in the Marquee this year.
My shop won’t be there this year unfortunately but will be back next year!
There are tons of activity at the Tinahely show not only agricultural related but many crafts too. Why not make a day out!
Hope to see a lot of quit again this year!!